Subject: [Leica] RE: New Image
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Jan 15 07:39:06 2008

At 09:23 PM 1/14/2008, you wrote:
>Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> >So if I've read your technology correctly? Basically when I add a new body
> >to the digi collection I'd be further a head to pick-up a 5D? And I could
> >expect better print quality than I do with the 20D I've used the past few
> >years.
>
>Or if you can wait until fall, pick up an R10 and then once you see
>its output, wonder why anyone would bother with a 12- or 14-bit camputer :-)
>
>Doug Herr

I agree with Doug.  I have both the Canon 1DMII and the 5D and the 5D
is much better because it is full-frame.  Even though the 1DMII is a
bigger, heavier, professional camera with incredible battery life, I
usually end up using the 5D because the full-frame files are so much
better.  HOWEVER!  I would wait for the R10 which will blow the
Canons out of the water ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI