Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 warning!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jan 14 14:51:44 2008

> This may have been posted before but a reminder may help someone in the
> future. I purchased an M8 in early December. Wonderful camera and I find it
> shoots much like all my other M series cameras. But I did not expect the
> camera strap attachments would come loose. One just fell off yesterday
> while I
> was changing the SD card. I found the other was also loose. Someone was
> watching over me since for over two hours I was walking around the Getty
> Museum. All that marble and concrete could have caused a real problem. 10
> minutes later the strap fell off.
>
> Neil
>
> Neil A. Miller
> Phoenix, Arizona
> Email: plus_4@hotmail.com
> Website: http://www.neilamiller.com

First thing I do when I get any camera at all from any company is switch out
the strap
http://www.adorama.com/DMST1200BK.html
15 bucks
Domke Gripper Camera Strap, 1" with Swivel Quick Release, Black.

Don't leave home without it.
Makes the Leica or Nikon or  Canon strap look ridiculous in comparison.
Likewise with functionality.

But there are some classy options at Photo village from ARTISAN AND ARTIST
http://www.artisanandartist.com/

This would be my opinion.
Not the Mark Rabiner up the street who is a physician.
Or the other one down the street who designs hand bags.
Or the other one across the river who...

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Leica M8 warning!)