Subject: [Leica] Re: When in doubt ask photographer
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Sun Jan 13 13:11:42 2008

That we are sometimes told we have been forgotten by our Third World
subjects as we sit in their houses with our cameras is testament to their
graciousness, and to their understanding that our gear cost more than a year
of their family earnings!

Sure, making tortillas or performing open heart surgery is more important to
committed people than grinning for our Leicas. But they know we are there.
They -- the villagers and the surgeons -- are not idiots totally lost in
their tasks while we perform ours, and that's the essence of the bargain: to
each his/her own work.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: When in doubt ask photographer)