Subject: [Leica] When in doubt ask photographer
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 12 20:15:51 2008

B. D. Colen <bd@bdcolenphoto.com> wrote:

> If you are on the scene to be Mr. Photographer, you will be seen and
> alter the scene. If you leave your ego home and concentrate on your
> work, in a very short period of time you will become virtually invisible.

Works also with wildlife to a certain degree.  With time and the right
behavior the photographer becomes a benign part of the background.
"Virtually" invisible is about right, the bird won't land on my head or try
to fly through me, and sometimes they'll fly up to the lens looking for a
nest hole (or, land on the lens looking for a handout).  100% invisible
isn't going to happen; something like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle
is at work here too.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com