Subject: [Leica] Summarit Reviews
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sat Jan 12 03:59:22 2008

Mark

Not shure if you're right. I'm not really interested in lenstests, but what
I can see is that those jpgs of the comparison charts shot with the more
renowned asph summicrons (right samples) have obviously been unsharp masked
(resharpened), while the summarit pictures (left samples) have obviously not
been. I opened both in PS and zoomed into - the summicron shots have the
typical microcontrast effect which is dued to UM, not sharper glass.

So let me interpret Puts:

Rule 1: Leica is always better.
Rule 2: The more expensive Leica lenses are always better than the less
expensive Leica lenses.
Rule 3: If rule 1 or 2 can not be applied, use Photoshop.

:-) Didier

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Summarit Reviews)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Summarit Reviews)