Subject: [Leica] [OT} update & thanks
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Jan 9 11:59:04 2008

i would like to thank all of you who responded both here on the list
and privately about our accident.

Except for her glasses, still not replaced (think Marxs brothers), and
a nasty shin bruise, Jan is nearly back to normal save some PTSD
issues.

I go in for surgery on Friday to repair the shattered ball joint of my
left shoulder. Part of the humerus ball broke into fragments. The
surgeon will insert a long pin into the bone lenght-wise and then
attach the fragments back to their original locations using screws
that go through the bone and into the metal rod. Sounds like fun. NOT.

I will not have full range of motion on the left side but should be
able to touch the top of my head and reach my wallet if things go
well, although that is the best case scenerio right now.

My cameras SEEM to have survived undamagedwith the exception of a
brken lens hood and cap. BUT . . . I do not know how to check them out
accurately. What should I do to know if there are "internal" damages
not obvious? This for both the M8 & my Canon 1DsMk II. I would value
your collective advice.

I have to type with one hand so I'm not posting much

thanks!!

adam

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] [OT} update & thanks)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] [OT} update & thanks)