Subject: [Leica] [WTB] Summicron 35mm f/2 3rd or 4th version
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jan 3 17:29:41 2008

> Mark Rabiner said,  rangefinder photography is "all about possibilities not
> limitations."
>
> Mark I can't agree with you more.  At the start of my photography, I used a
> Leica with a 50mm and a 90mm lens.  I wanted more focal length and moved
> to a
> single lens reflex system with zoom lenses.  After a stiff neck, noisy
> shutter
> & mirror and slow speed camera shake, I went back to a rangefinder Leica
> with
> a great diversity of lenses.  I'll never go away from rangefinder cameras
> for
> 35mm. What a great difference in quality.
>
> Roland Smith
> Dublin, California

I got my  135mm f3.4 Telyt M APO  2/10/1999 not long after it came out it
was my third lens I had a 50 and a 90 and most people would have had a 35 or
28 by then. But I used this surprising to come out from Leica high tech real
grabber of a lens for all kinds of stuff from paying head shots to lots of
shots crossing the Great Plains with a 90 on one body and a 135 on the other
and either the 90 or 135 was for sure the lens which had to be used at a
time for  each shot. In other words it seemed to be of high importance I had
both of those focal lengths to work with.

If there's a more interesting camera to shoot macro with than the Leica M
system than I don't know what it is. I have a Viso and bellows which I got
for a song and I love mounting all kinds of weird stuff in front of it. Love
the variable action of the mirror. The way the whole thing is designed.

And there's more.
The motor drive. And watching the studio flash go off in the rangefinder
viewfinder. Not a whole lot of other photographers into doing that.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com