Subject: [Leica] IMG sol.....
From: mark.teampope at ntlworld.com (Mark Pope)
Date: Thu Jan 3 09:36:14 2008

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 13:34 -0700, Steve Barbour wrote:

> I understand and have been experimenting Mark... I appreciate your
> suggestions...
>
> I can't really accomplish much that improves the image...
>
> one thing that registered as I played around,  is that
>
> paradoxically the current mix of grays actually works to make her eyes
> jump out,
>
> and that is what makes the image...
>

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2007/sol_001.jpg.html
>
> your thoughts ?
>

> Steve
>

> > Happy new year

Hi Steve,

I agree with you about the eyes, but as a B&W shot it is still a bit
flat.  I've looked at the colour shot of Luka and I think it works
better in colour.  It's quite challenging turning it into b&w as the
tonal values are very similar.

They are a couple of lovely kids.

happy new year to you.

All the best