Subject: [Leica] Color spaces (screens)
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Dec 31 00:18:20 2007

Mark and Hoppy have been hashing out the profile issues with Blurb and
that made me think of something.

It is no secret that I do a lot of b/w, but I do color too.

I have had an EIZO screen (an old one that is about to give up the
ghost) for years and now I need to upgrade my machine situation.

I don't have an allegiance to one architecture over another (though, I
guess I do. I would prefer Linux) when it comes to Mac or PC.

It's the screen I am thinking about. I haven't been overly thrilled by
the way colors work on a laptop screen.

Now-a-days it is almost impossible to get a screen that isn't using
the same technology as a laptop screen.

Which screens are easy enough to calibrate and work with? I've seen a
comprehensive comparison a few months back and it seems that only the
very expensive ones really worked well and that Macintosh no longer
had the edge when it came to colors anymore (they use the same plastic
screens as everyone else now).

Are there reasonable screens that you can get decent results with? I
am not asking for the cream of the crop, just something that works,
like using a Canon instead of a Leica.

Daniel