Subject: [Leica] musings on Lightroom
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Dec 22 23:02:24 2007

Thanks for a thorough and thoughtful report, Brian. The issues you
mention have not been issues for me--I guess I just figured out early
that there was no need to let it back up images that I had already
backed up to an external HD and DVDs. And since I do not keyword,
those problems have not affected me. But I do hope Adobe fixes them,
since at some point I will need to start being more diligent about it
all and start keywording.

Aside from that, for the past several months I have not needed to
open Photoshop at all, except when treating film images--they need
more spotting work than digital ones, and Photoshop is still better
at that. Otherwise, I think Lightroom has been a tremendous boon for
me, allowing me to manage the whole workflow from the initial RAW
conversion to final output in one program.

Nathan

On 22-dec-2007, at 19:51, Brian Reid wrote:

> I've been using Lightroom for a couple of months now, and I have
> 26,000 images in it. I thought I'd file a few comments. The bottom
> line is that I think I'm going to keep using it, though every day I
> find myself frustrated by it. The things that it does well outweigh
> the things that it does poorly or not at all.

BIG SNIP

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@nathanfoto.com
General photography: