Subject: [Leica] COMPLETELY OT and silly : Why men don't write advice columns
From: phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard)
Date: Thu Dec 20 12:28:34 2007

Dear Walter
I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for a stroll
leaving my husband in the house watching TV as usual.
I hadn't gone more than a mile down the  road when I realized my trusted
M8's back-panel display showed heratic figures and the camera didn't
operate properly.
I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't
believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbor lady making mad
passionate love to her.
I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years.When
I confronted him, he tried to make out that he went into the back yard
and heard a lady scream, had come to her rescue but found her
unconscious. He'd carried the woman back to our house, laid her in bed,
and began CPR. When she awoke she immediately began thanking him and
kissing him and he was attempting to break free when I came back. But
when I asked him why neither of them had any clothes on, he broke down
and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months.
I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six
months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and
worthless.
I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has
become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through to him anymore.
Can you please help?
Sincerely,
Mrs. Sheila X

 Dear Sheila:

An M8's display going astray after a camera being stored for to long a
period of time can be caused by a variety of faults with the camera.
Start by checking that there is no debris on the sensor. If it is clear,
check the software version and update to the latest one, using the Mac
version for virus safety.
The battery might also be an issue. Have you checked it on another body?
If not, let it run dry and charge it to the full before anything else.
If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the
camera itself is faulty, causing the display to show erroneous values
even if the camera still looks fine.
A mighty CLA should in that case solve it all, but don't expect it to be
a swift move as it requires lots of careful and lengthy attention from
dedicated and expert people who can only communicate, mind you they're
clever and educated, in German.
I hope this helps.

Walter

ps just reread this. actually i think walter has a point.
phx

pps: David and Brian - you may unsubscribe me if this adaptation is too
much, I won't complain, I knew it was silly, and had warned you. Season
greetings all the same to all. ;-)

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] COMPLETELY OT and silly : Why men don't write advice columns)