Subject: [Leica] luggers with books (now firearms)
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun Dec 16 18:54:15 2007

From: "Ken Carney" <kcarney1@cox.net>

>> http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/pots%2Dn%2Dpans/

>       Kyle, as a long-time hunter and shooter, I am pretty sensitive to
>gun safety.  I must say that I don't think the choice of a shotgun, to shoot
>empty scotch bottles off the heads of guests, is really appropriate.  But if
>you must, I really suggest a small-bore, like a .410, or at most a 28-gauge
>like the one Dick Cheney used to whack Harry Whittington....

Ken -- this was written while I still had very limited knowledge of
firearms. Since doing Armed America, I have learned a lot and realize now
that no self respecting Lugger would have a Browning Citori next to their
Leica when they could have a Purdy, a Holland &  Holland or a Parazzi. Back
then, I thought that $4,000 must be a crazy stupid large amount of money to
spend on a shotgun.

How little I knew!

kc