Subject: [Leica] luggers with books
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun Dec 16 17:18:33 2007

> while looking for that, i also found this:
>
> http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/pots%2Dn%2Dpans/
>
> it's very funny. (i think so anyway) the collected recomendations from the
> LUG as to what a Leica owner should have in their kitchen.

Excerpt:

After seven or eight glasses of Chivas Brothers Royal Salute 50 year old
scotch (mmmm!) someone suggests that we go outside and shoot a bunch of the
empty scotch bottles with my very impressive Browning Citori over-and-under
shotguns. We photograph one another firing guns and blasting bottles off of
one another's heads. When we can barely stand and one or two of us have been
winged by stray pellets, we retire to the house and stack our cameras on the
kitchen table.
        Kyle, as a long-time hunter and shooter, I am pretty sensitive to
gun safety.  I must say that I don't think the choice of a shotgun, to shoot
empty scotch bottles off the heads of guests, is really appropriate.  But if
you must, I really suggest a small-bore, like a .410, or at most a 28-gauge
like the one Dick Cheney used to whack Harry Whittington.  A 12-gauge would
present issues, and conceivably even liability concerns.  Just my 2c in the
interest of responsible firearm ownership.

Ken

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: luggers with books now firearms)