Subject: [Leica] OT Indian music
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Thu Dec 13 13:05:04 2007

Bob Palmieri wrote:
However, I don't think 'Trane (late), Ornette or Ayler would describe
much of their music as "modal" in the sense that the term is used to
describe Indian classical music or 'Trane's (earlier) playing on "So
What," "Impressions" or "My Favorite Things."

My thoughts exactly.

For those interested here's a good video of S. Indian singing.  The second
segment is especially fascinating (starts at 4:40).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Ca6hfEHz8

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE