Subject: [Leica] Consensus (? on LUG) on IR filters on M8
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Dec 13 10:00:12 2007

I don't use even UV filters unless I have to... and after a year of debating
this exact subject, I am surprised anyone would question the safe answer...

Use the filter.  When?  All the time for any color shots.....  Why take it
off?  Leave it on.  The wider your lens, the more you need  the filter.

Color info only.... for B+W, don't bother, because it does not matter, but
then, don't change "films" and want a color shot.....

The chance of screwing up some image you prize is way too chancy.

Note: the M9 will undoubtedly fix this major faulty decision on Leica's part
and have the correct filter coverage on the sensor.....

Or so I am claiming, and waiting for the M8's to drop to $29.95 at KEH in VG
condition ( otherwise known as Mint- to the rest of us....).. so all you M8
owners, trade away your M8's when the M9 becomes available...... with  the
built in filter fix......and flood the market..... there are a lot of us
vultures out here........

Frank Filippone, vulture
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] Consensus (? on LUG) on IR filters on M8)