Subject: [Leica] Re: Absolutely OT - Indian Music Examples
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Thu Dec 13 06:20:25 2007

I played on a CD a couple of years ago in New York of an Indian dance
piece.  There were so many Little Black Dots that I hadta hole myself
up in a friend's condo in Brooklyn (while she flitted about in Big
Sur) for days to practice the stuff.  Two days of recording, (one 12,
the second 15 hours long); got 'em all to stick to the track; hardest
thing (technically) I've ever had to do in music.

Heard some of the recording; they buried the guitar in the mix
because it was "too active.

I guess it's sorta like turning in a few hundred shots of your best
work and having the editor decide they're going with the "artist's
renditions" or something because your pictures show too much action...

Bob Palmieri