Subject: [Leica] 7 year old emotional blast (PAW)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Dec 12 14:53:59 2007

Eric Korenman

> After years of photographing my son,

> this recent photo (age 7 1/2) really

> knocked me over:

> http://tinyurl.com/33gr9j

> My son was goofing around - but I think it shows what is to come..Blurred?
Sure. But I think it adds to the the punch of the image.

> We've had the photo tacked to the wall for weeks.<<<<<<

Eric mon ami,

Given I've 4 children and 10 grand children let me say. It's out of focus
and regardless of how much you love him, 40 years from now it'll still be
out of focus!

If I presented an out of focus shot such as this of our children or grand
kids to my wife of 58 years who originally started me into photography,
she's toughest photo editor in the world. She'd have me committed regardless
of what I may feel about the photo content.

It's one of the toughest things about pictures of the family because we read
all kinds of things into what "we think" it conveys but in truth it really
doesn't portray those thoughts to other viewers.

So it's tough to drop it to file 13 to the waste basket! Then re-try to
capture the moment once again in focus.

Yeah I know you know I'm right. :-)

And yes I know exactly how you feel about your son, I've two of them and 6
grandsons. But in reality this is one of those photos you look at alone and
say to yourself.. "if only I'd have focused faster!" Shed a tear, put it
away for a look another day. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] 7 year old emotional blast (PAW))
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] 7 year old emotional blast (PAW))