Subject: [Leica] PESO: Merry Christmas, Oy, Oy, Oy
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Dec 10 14:35:16 2007

Jim Shulman showed a kind hand and saved the day!

>>>Christmas, Oy, Oy, Oy

Yesterday I visited Reading PA's GoggleWorks, the city's recently opened

center for the arts.  There was a lot to see (and photograph), including

glassblowing exhibitions, jazz musicians playing, artists painting, dancers

dancing, and a Visit From Santa.  The Polish American Heritage Association

was sponsoring the visit from Santa, who was slated to sit in their special

Visitors Chair and greet kids of all ages.

So I showed up with my M2, ready for some snaps of kids with Santa.  No

Santa--but there was a long line of kids in the hall.  I asked one of the

ladies from the Association about Santa's estimated time of arrival, and she

said he was due fifteen minutes earlier.  They had the suit in the back, but

no Santa, and no word from his home.  I thought for a minute and said, "Give

me five minutes to suit up."

So the Polish American Heritage Association had their first gay Jewish

Santa.  All the kids were thrilled, and a few adults as well.  The lady on

my knee admitted to being naughty.

http://tinyurl.com/2j5nj9

M2, Summilux 50, Ilford XP2.<<<<<

Way to go Jim!

A Knight in a Red Suit rode to the rescue!

Nothing like doing a simple moment of kindness that cheers and warms the
heart of children.

Good on you lad.

ted