Subject: [Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge'
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Dec 8 23:34:53 2007

I know several people for whom the definition of "it is art" is "I want to
buy it, to own it". Good art is something worth possessing.

For me, the definition of art is when I look at a photograph and think "I
wish I'd taken that photograph!".

I think that in the world of the young, the answer to "is it art?" is
determined by how many YouTube hits it has.

When I was a child I asked a friend of my parents, who they told me was an
artist, "what is art?". His answer has never left me: "Art is what I paint."

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge')
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge')