Subject: [Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge'
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Fri Dec 7 21:42:02 2007

Quoth the Tina Manley :

> Yes, and for me, that's not true of most of the "cutting edge" sites
> I've seen.  They all seem to either rely on a gimmick or are too
> artificial.  I guess I'm just an old grouch.  I want a photograph to
> communicate something to me besides "what the heck is that" or "why
> did they bother to print that".  Those are the responses I have to
> the cutting edge sites and all of the local "art" photography
> exhibits in the Charlotte area.  I think the photos sent in by the
> LUG members are better than 99% of these cutting edge sites!!  At
> least they are true and genuine.  Grump :-(

I'm sorry, but I have to say that "old" has nothing to do with the
"grouch" here, as I happen to agree strongly and while I'm solidly in
middle age (and have the iffy knees and the spread to prove it) I
still have a few years of sending back the AARP recruitment mailers
left.

It ain't about age.  That swill's just bad.

  --

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge')