Subject: [Leica] OT Canon G9 ?
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Wed Dec 5 13:08:02 2007

In violation of my usual caution I bought one just about the week it came
out.
The lag time is OK - its long enough that you need to hit the release
in anticipation of a precise moment for an action shot, but  I do not
find it bothersome in normal usage.
The flash can be disabled, and full manual is possible - even manual
focus. You can display a live histogram and get a meter showing
under/over exposure in 1/3 stop increments.
The controls are very usable - enough buttons and dials coupled with
full details on the LCD. The "ISO" dial should be standard on all
digital cameras.

--
Clive
http://clive.moss.net/blog/