Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday Sage
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Mon Dec 3 19:13:09 2007

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> To me it is very simple.  There is not enough separation between the
> tones of the subject and the background.  In color , it might be
> different..  A filter MIGHT have helped, but it is too late now.

Jerry, thanks for commenting.  I think you may well be right in your
analysis of the image, however...

It is not too late.  Since I shot and saved the RAW file and did
non-destructive editing, I can always go back and produce the image in
color...or with any imaginable filter...or with sepia toning...or
however many ways the human mind can conjure....

Which is both the good news and the bad news about digital.  The
possibility pit is truly bottomless.

To reverse paraphrase Willie Nelson: "I've got the image, honey, if
you've got the time....".

:-)

Thanks again,

--Bob