Subject: [Leica] OT: ground glass query
From: editor at frontenachouse.com (editor@frontenachouse.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 23:54:33 2007

This is a large-format query more than a Leica one, but since this group
boasts so many august polymaths, I figured it would be the logical source
for advice.

Here's the question: In calculating the distance from lens to the ground
glass, should the measurement be made from the front of the ground glass? or
half way between the front and the back? or some calculated plane between
front and back?

The ground glass itself is thick enough that basing measurements on the
incorrect plane would seriously screw up the focus.

Thanks to one and all who can help me with this.  Rose

Replies: Reply from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] OT: ground glass query)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] OT: ground glass query)