Subject: [Leica] OT: Mac newby question
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Mon Nov 26 11:00:03 2007

Gene,

In reference to your decision between Aperture and Lightroom I have a
few observations.  I used Aperture exclusively until about a month ago.
I tried the demo for Lightroom because the Aperture did not support the
RAW from my 40D.  I liked Lightroom enough to buy a copy.  After using
it for a while now all I can say is when I have to go back and do
something using Aperture I am not happy.  I liked Aperture, actually I
loved it, but after using Lightroom I feel it is a better program.  It
seems to have more controls for image adjustment and seems to work
better in many ways.   Kudos to Wade for being part of a team who made
an excellent product.

As far as iPhoto goes, I do not like it because it forces you to store
your images in a database that can not be accessed by anything other
than iPhoto.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography