Subject: [Leica] a Leica D lens 4/3 question
From: phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard)
Date: Sun Nov 25 13:38:37 2007

>> You don't need a focus confirmation ring I think - the L1 has it on
>> board with the latest software upgrade ; I guess it is the same with
>> the Oly cousins and you only need to find the right setting then.
>> (L1 is "release without a lens".
>

> meaning that you can use a leica R lens on an Olympus E*** with a
> standard  4/3rd  adapter and get focus confirmation  from the camera ?
>

> many thanks, Steve

I did not write that I am sure it does on the Oly, but it should/might
as the L1 (and probably the Digilux 3) does.
It was in the April software upgrade, and when I use the 60 macro
Elmarit or the Ang?nieuxs or another R mount lens, it works quite
accurately - green light blinks.
This
 <snap
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/98377-2/PAW-30a-1010762-full-w.jpg>>
was shot with the x2  extender on and the 70 x3 Angie at 210 - f-5.6 I'd
say - What I remember is that it was pretty dim in the VF and I used the
green light, nearly spot on, is it not?

There must be a setting to be adjusted on the Oly, they're basically the
same cams.
Phil...x

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] a Leica D lens 4/3 question)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] a Leica D lens 4/3 question)