Subject: [Leica] Loving Lightroom Part Deux
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Nov 21 08:20:32 2007

At 05:39 AM 11/21/2007, you wrote:
>I think the default profile ProPhotoRGB in Lightroom needs to be
>changed (I changed it to RGB ) it's some kind of wide-gamut profile.
>It's in Preferences - external editing. Whether it defaults to this
>for printing, I'm not sure.
>Cheers
>Douglas

Which color profile you should use depends on your output and your
input.  There are some colors that are available in ProPhotoRGB that
can be printed with the Epson 2200, that are not available in the
smaller color spaces.  If you want to see what affect your color
space is having, you could try soft-proofing in PSCS3.  Here is the
best explanation of color management workflow that I've found:
http://www.adobe.com/digitalimag/pdfs/color_managed_raw_workflow.pdf

I print through Lightroom for snapshots but for anything else I use
ImagePrint.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI