Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mochi making
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Nov 20 23:58:05 2007

During the Saturday dojo cleanup and party, we made mochi from
scratch! Mochi is sweet rice ball, and the way to make the dough is
to pound hot steamed sweet rice into mush with wooden rods, then you
use giant wooden hammers to pulverize the mush (with folding and
water added in between). Here's a scene of "mushing." Sensei played
the drumbeat in the back and the mushers walked and pounded to get
extra torque.

The result is of course super yummy mochi...

<http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/Scan-071120-0008.jpg>

M7, 35/1.4ASPH, Neopan 1600, XTol 1+2 (not 1+3 because I had 4 rolls
and I wanted at least 75ml of Xtol per roll and didn't want to dilute
the soup less than that)

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)