Subject: [Leica] IMG : Church update : Bulwick Northamptonshire
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (geebee)
Date: Tue Nov 20 13:44:49 2007

From: "Philippe Amard" <phamard@numericable.fr>

> Thanks for the walk Graham
> Did me good on a such a night to see fresh colours, nice stones, red
> carpets, and wonderful stained glass.
> Only, one of the windows might gain with a slight crop for strict symmetry.
> And speaking of cemetery, I also love the hearse / cart on display there.
>
> I see books or registers on a table, and flowers around; do you find the
> churches open to the public, or do you book in advance
> to get the keys?
>
> I admire you more than ever for these excellent shots.
>
> BTW: I guess n?5 is the special order for my fellow citizens, right? ;-)
>
> Thanks again for sharing
> Phil...x
>

>> http://www.geebeephoto.com/Northamptonshire_Churches/A-L/pages/Bulwick_01.htm

Hi Philippe,

The funeral bier/cart was last used in 1966. The majority of churches are
open access but as you get closer to the towns they tend
to keep them locked with the key available at a nearby house. I think the
info gathering was for ancestry rather than wine.

If they are locked I can never summon up the courage to bother the key
holder. It's a British thing :-)

Thanks for looking.

--Graham

Message from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] IMG : Church update : Bulwick Northamptonshire)