Subject: [Leica] Konica 35mm f2.0 UC-Hexanon lens
From: wtorry at vbar.com (Wayne Torry)
Date: Tue Nov 13 14:32:15 2007

  11. UC-Hexanon 35/2 review by Erwin Puts? Anyone have it? (G Medina)
__________

  15. Re: UC-Hexanon 35/2 review by Erwin Puts? Anyone have it?
      (mehrdad)
  16. UC-Hexanon 35/2 review by Erwin Puts? Anyone have it?
      (Thinkofcole@aol.com)

Hello!

The Konica 35/2.0 M-Hexanon Leica M mount lens in the Puts review of the
Konica Hexar RF camera is NOT the same lens as the Konica 35/2.0
UC-Hexanon lens made in Leica Thread Mount. Optically and phsysically
they are quite different. I don't know all the particulars and my copy
of the UC-Hexanon and it's optical diagram are miles away at the moment.
I also own the Konica 28mm M-Hexanon which is outwardly similar to the
35mm M-Hexanon. The most obvious difference between the UC-Hexanon lens
and the M-Hexanons is size. The UC-Hexanon is tiny. A 43mm filter ring
and only 1 3/6" deep from mounting flange to front face. It is only
slightly larger than my Canon 35/2.8 which is the smallest lens I've
ever used. The materials and finish are entirely different as well. The
M-Hexanon is aluminum and synthetic materials where the UC-Hexanon is
brass finished in black paint. The 35/2.0 UC-Hexanon was a limited
production lens of 1,000 units. Curiously enough, Matsuiyastore in Japan
has been selling brand new 35mm UC-Hexanons for $900 delivered to the
USA for several months. They must have bought a large number after
Konica bailed out the photography business.

http://tinyurl.com/22rf38

If you go to The Rangefinder Forum, sign up for membership, and search
for "35mm UC-Hexanon" you will find a lot of information about and
sample images from this wonderful little lens.

Cheers!

Wayne