Subject: [Leica] Comparing Scanning vs. Duplicating
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Nov 11 14:03:23 2007

At 04:39 PM 11/11/2007, you wrote:
>I'm not following what "duplicated" means!
>
>A dope when it comes to dupe.
>
>Mark William Rabiner
>markrabiner.com

I used to have to make duplicates of slides to send to stock agencies
so I have a Beseler Slide Duplicator.  It's basically a box with a
light in it, a place to put the film, and an arm to put the camera on
with bellows and an enlarging lens.  You aim the light (with or
without filters) through the slide or negative and take a close-up
photograph of it with the bellows/enlarger lens/camera
combination.  I used to use Kodak Slide Duplicating film.  Now I use
a digital camera.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI