Subject: [Leica] I got the same bug as earlier
From: pkolodny at gmail.com (Pablo Kolodny)
Date: Sun Nov 11 13:15:38 2007

wow Philippe,

this is pretty more than expected.
anyway it's good you posted all of your questions though I'm not sure I'll
be fulfilling them all, I'll try:

after my father's death I've changed some thoughts.
Also I got myself under sort of loss and/or grief from which I can see it
takes longer than expected/desired to take it over.
Annoyance is something I've always been at too.
Maybe I got upset because of what I had with my father, maybe because of
what I didn't have too, for what our relationship was expected to be but
wasn't and so on.
On the other side some other sort of things have been taking place this
year, not so a good year for me and this may well be why I'm happy 2007 is
finally ending up.

So... I've started shooting what my *guts* dictated.
My father was a surgeon, I now have most of his own surgical tools which I
was trying to shoot too but didn't get myself convinced with results, also I
was shooting my father's drawings.

Maybe surgical tools represented the "reason" - or lack of it - and drawings
did the same for the "heart", emotions, affections, love feelings and the
likes... I'm not really sure of any thing here so I'd thought I'd be finding
it out if I started working, taking pictures.

I must say that the one who introduced me to photography was my father
himself so I even thought of working in what it'd be sort of tribute.

I know there're ups and downs but what it caught me first was the downs, as
you could already see in my first picture.

Meantime I'd add that I've always been attracted to dolls and this doll head
is something I've found out in the country side in the middle of nothing,
and it caught my eye.

So... metal artefacts are better known to be surgical instruments. I know
some of them really look like torture tools.

As for pine branches, that's what they look like, I don't even know what to
say so I'd appreciate, just in case you feel like, to tell what they mean to
you.

The shutter release cord was attached to the camera that was really taking
that picture, a Hasselblad camera with a 120 mm Planar S lens. I'm mostly a
medium format guy. The camera was mounted on a column pointing right down
and onto the tray with the doll head inside.

The darkening at the bottom seems just to be something I got at the scanning
process, the frames coming out of the IIIG are usually more than fine, I'm
not sure what happened but I'd say it's something of the scanner stage.

The series of this doll head is shot on 6x6 with the Hasselblad I mentioned
above so I'm not sure I'll be posting it here though I could well point you
to the site they're up online.

Well, I'll actually check that of numbering, I didn't even know that that
was number 10.

If you have more questions I'll be happy to answer you just go ahead and
post.

Good you're pro enigmatic shots, so am I.

kind regards

Pablo

PS: sorry for the delay but I had to go pick up my youngest son, he's 10,
for lunch, go give mom a visit and finally be back here.