Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAWeek 44 (15mm full frame test)
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Nov 9 09:02:26 2007

Lottermoser George <imagist3@mac.com> wrote:

> This week I hung the 15mm Super Elmar on the Canon 5D.
> This combination has issues:
>       Cannot focus at infinity (mirror hangs up on the rear of the lens).
>       The combination also shows the worst the lens has to offer in
> corners and at edges (I believe due to the digital full frame
> demands). On film the corners and edges do not look this bad.

> results can be viewed at:
> <http://www.imagist.com/paw_07>
>
> more at:
> <http://imagist.com/paw_07/07_wk_44/content/index.html>

Thanks George, very illustrative!  Mirror clearance and focussing issues
aside (these are 5D-specific problems) I think this demonstrates why Leica
chose less-than-full-frame sensors for the DMR and M8.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -