Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAWeek 44 (15mm full frame test)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri Nov 9 08:52:38 2007

This week I hung the 15mm Super Elmar on the Canon 5D.
This combination has issues:
        Cannot focus at infinity (mirror hangs up on the rear of the lens).
        The combination also shows the worst the lens has to offer in
corners and at edges (I believe due to the digital full frame
demands). On film the corners and edges do not look this bad.
        Focus is damn near impossible (for these old eyes) with this lens,
stopped down, and the tiny dim viewfinder.
Also, the tests were done quick and dirty. f:5.6 or 8, handheld from
1/30 - 1/60.
results can be viewed at:
<http://www.imagist.com/paw_07>

more at:
<http://imagist.com/paw_07/07_wk_44/content/index.html>

I intend to do some additional tests with film, M8 and R8/DMR over
the next week or two.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com