Subject: [Leica] IMG: Kekchi Girls
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Nov 9 04:13:58 2007

At 10:28 PM 11/8/2007, you wrote:
>This one AND Iranian bakery make me thankful for the Health Department.
>
>Good work on both.
>
>ric

We always said if you lived to be 5 years old in Iran, you would live
forever.  In the market, the vegetable vendors would scoop water out
of the jube - the open sewer that runs through the town - to sprinkle
on the greens to make them look fresh.  Somewhere I have a photo of a
woman brushing her teeth in the jube.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI