Subject: [Leica] dang! everyone looks like a star in the 85 1.8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Nov 7 14:59:54 2007

> Gene,
>
> I also have the next version of the handbook, it's a totally
> different book published in 1974 and authored by Joseph Cooper, only.
> It was hard to find but there was only a one line reference to the
> compensation version. I had my lens AI'd and loaned it to my son. He
> still has it. I now use the 55/2.8 version. I also use the 180/2.8
> and 85/1.4 on my bodies. The older non-AI, AI and AIS lenses are
> masterpieces. I have been collecting them when I find good ones,
> cheap. Another plus for the D200.
>
> Len

Always handy with all my Leica books I have
The Complete Nikon System by Peter Braczko
for 40 bucks

Its on this page the Nikon Historical Society no less People seem to think
there are better options but I love this book
http://www.nikonhs.org/publications.html

The date on mine is the year 2000

Says the 55 2.8 is still in production.

The 60 macro I first got I found disappointing.
Its hard to focus without the AF
Its big and heavy. I like the AI's better. The 55's.

What I want is a 60 macro on an SL.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] dang! everyone looks like a star in the 85 1.8)