Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 44 dlridings
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Nov 5 00:56:25 2007

I'm leaving for Malawi in a couple of weeks and wanted to see how the
camera I'm taking handles strong contrasts. It is dark and dreary here
(not really, we still have some nice autumn light, but we're getting
there) and it is high summer in Malawi. Pure coincidence that my
research trips to southern African tend to fall in the nordic
November-January period. Purre coincidence.

I picked up a Nikon D80 body for the trip. I like the size. A little
bigger than the D40x, but you get more for your money too.

Matrix metering

http://www.dlridings.se/paw/2007/44.html

But there were walks through Odense and Copenhagen with a Bessa T with
a color-skopar 35/2.5 (found one in a store for about half the price
of the lens alone).

http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/2007v44/07v44-0001.jpg.html
http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/2007v44/07v44-0002.jpg.html
http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/2007v44/07v44-0003.jpg.html
http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/2007v44/07v44-0004.jpg.html
http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/2007v44/07v44-0005.jpg.html

Then there was the Zorki 1b that came in the mail. Let's not talk too
much about that. I was bored one evening, browsed around eBay and put
in a minimum bid on one. Not a whole lot different from an old Leica.
The frame spacing is nice and even with cutting points between
sprocket holes instead of in the middle of them (like most FSU
cameras). The shutter opens and closes and the rangefinder works.

Ewa, 1/20 @ 3.5, Industar-22 (Elmar/Tessar kind of lens)

http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/2007v44/07v44-0006.jpg.html

Daniel

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 44 dlridings)