Subject: [Leica] if my leica was a pocket watch, which pocket watch would it be?
From: rhc3vt at hotmail.com (Richard Coutant)
Date: Tue Oct 30 15:22:54 2007

Do be careful, though.  Years ago I used to carry my great-uncle's gold
Hamilton in my levi's, and one winter's day I took a few runs on a Flexible
Flyer, prone, down a long steep icy washboard road, and afterward when I
took it to the watchmaker because it had ceased to run I was told that I had
pounded several of the jewels into powder.
I think that watch mechanisms, by and large, are less robust and tolerant of
abuse than a Leica.

Richard

>I always liked pocket watches, to this day. But nobody ever gave me  one
>and I never bought one. Actually I'd like one right now but now  that I'm
>retired I don't care what time it is. You got a nice one. As  for which
>pocket? In the Levi's pocket watch pocket of course.

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by
today!
http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_OctHMtagline

Replies: Reply from 54moggie at embarqmail.com (Robert Lilley) ([Leica] if my leica was a pocket watch, which pocket watch would it be?)