Subject: [Leica] re:'nother flower
From: 4spam at eh21.com (Artist Eric Hiss)
Date: Tue Oct 30 14:39:55 2007

>Eric,
>  I really like the simplicity of the image you presented in this email,
> nice.
>Joe

>PS - do you ever use the MFS for anything other than macro?

Hi Joe,
Yes definitely I really enjoy using the zoerk MFS for lots of subjects. It
will focus to infinity so it could be used for nearly anything.  It's not
ideal for all things however since you can not fit much wider than 80mm
optics and most of the enlarger type lenses in that range do not get much
faster than about f/4.   The quality of enlarger lenses is very high
however.

Another note re: the MFS is that its not graduated - just merely a spherical
joint with helical focus attachment. While you can get 30 degrees tilt,
you'll never know what it was set at, or be able to set it for 2 degrees for
example.  When doing landscapes, 1 or 2 degress tilt is plenty but you'll
have a hard time knowing if that's what you have or not. You pretty much
have to rely on what you see in the viewfinder.

Zoerk also makes a shift adapter but I haven't used it.

Thanks to the others who commented on the latest photo.
Regards,
Eric