Subject: [Leica] Developer for Neopan 1600/TMax 3200
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Oct 26 13:32:00 2007

At 02:24 PM 10/26/2007, Philippe Orlent wrote:

 >I could go with that.
 >But then again, a forum of Leica users where people only would talk
 >about using it could quickly become rather, how should I put it, boring.
 >
 >Not that I am against that. In fact, I'm interested in the broadest
 >possible mix of people talking about any and every aspect of
 >photography. Especially with Leica, because for that specific type of
 >camera (let's equal Leica to M, to keep it simple*), some choices/
 >aspects seem sometimes strange. But always interesting. I find that
 >fascinating.
 >So streetphotography vs photojournalism vs art photography vs a
 >technical or theoretical approach (benchmarking and testing included)
 >vs a deep interest in the historic apsect of the brand vs ...
 >
 >I'm all very open to that.
 >But when reading your mails, I get the impression that you're not.

Philippe

The LUG spent its first eight years or so as a
discussion list as this predated the digital
revolution and scanners and the like.  The LUG
was as interesting and active then as its now.  I
have been a LUG member almost from the beginning.

My posts on this topic were engendered by Mark
Rabiner's suggestion that you were not entitled
to participate in discussions on the LUG if you
did not post pictures.  I have no objections to
those who wish to post their pictures doing so
and others critiquing them.  I stringently object
to being told that I HAVE to post to belong to
the LUG.  Some of us just do not like to post pictures.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Developer for Neopan 1600/TMax 3200)