Subject: [Leica] OT Mac Q's
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Thu Oct 25 12:21:26 2007

Someone nearby is selling a pre-Intel McMini that was optioned up w/
1GB RAM and 80 GB HD.  I am thinking about picking it up just to have
it running as a server all the time on the home network, so it can do
transcoding for slim devices, etc, and hook mass storage drives
into.  So, 2 Q's:

1  Am I correct that HDs hooked to it through USB is a more efficient
network interface for file storage than the el cheapo NAS HD's?

2  What would be a fair price for a pre-Intel McMini, although it is
optioned up?

Tom