Subject: [Leica] Hoppy does Barcelona - first report
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Oct 23 21:55:40 2007

On 10/24/07, grduprey@mchsi.com <grduprey@mchsi.com> wrote:
> In 2004 we went to Germany and Poland.  I was warned about the bad theft
> problem in Poland, however, I never had any problems at all.  I felt just
> as safe with my gear as if I was here in Iowa.  I think it boils down to
> being aware of what is going on around you, and using common sense.

I'm not so sure about that Gene. As a young journalist student in the
70'ies I walked around East St. Louis with bags of Leicas and Nikons.
I had not idea of what was going on around me and it certainly wasn't
a display of common sense ...

Never had a problem though. East St. Louis is bad today, but it hasn't
gotten worse.

I look back ... scary.

Daniel