Subject: [Leica] Leonard's voter registration
From: bussbearm at aei.ca (Robert Beaudoin)
Date: Wed Aug 8 17:40:27 2007

Bonsoir Leonard and Hoppy,

  Thanks for the explanation Leonard.  I understand better what you meant.

  I'm in Canada Hoppy.  Any official working for voter registration who
would ask for a voter's preference would act illegally here.  That is not to
mention the risk he would be taking of receiving the boot where the back
loses it's name!  This is just not done over here. Many years ago I did some
registration work for the government.  There were always 2 or 3 persons from
the 2 or 3 major parties doing the polling from door to door.  We were
specifically drilled about what to ask and not to ask. Preferences were a
big no-no.  Voting is not compulsory in Canada by the way.  Different
places, different customs I guess.

  Best,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)