Subject: [Leica] M8 question
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Jul 5 21:52:15 2007

At 10:50 PM +0000 7/5/07, grduprey@mchsi.com wrote:
>The current collapsible 90 Elmar is safe as it does not collapse
>into the body.  All others you need to modify with Dymo or some
>other tape/device to keep them from poking into the shutter/sensor.
>
>Gene

No, Gene, that's not true. As I mentioned below, all collapsible
lenses are fine and none protrude into the body far enough to come
close to the shutter, with the possible exception of the old
collapsible 90 Elmar.

Leica's pronouncements on this are incorrect.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design