Subject: [Leica] Epson - 1280 or R1800?
From: s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory)
Date: Mon Jun 11 12:18:37 2007

John,

I've been using an Epson 1270 since they first came out, mainly for work
everyday type printing. I also use an Epson 2200 with the colorbyte rip for
my photographic printing. I've got to say that my son, for the past year,
has been printing out 13 x 19 colour posters on my 2200 for his hobby of DJ
work in the city where we live. Recently he took to coming over to try out
the 1270 for the same purpose and he is extremely happy with that old
printer and the prints he gets. So much so that last week he just bought a
new 1280 from a local store, the last new one they had which they were
shipping back to Epson two hours later the day he bought it!!
The 1280 does borderless printing and that is what he wanted. It also does
the printing with only two cartridges which is what he wanted instead of
bothering with more inks to replace. My recommend would be to buy a 1280 if
you can find one. I know people who use the R1800 and they think it is very
good as well.

Scott