Subject: [Leica] My temporary small bag
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun May 13 10:21:16 2007

Speaking of "double stacking".....

I double stack all the time.  However, I use ( are you really ready for
this?) Crystal Light tall plastic containers as stacking
elements.  They are about 5-6 inches tall, and as wide in diameter as a 75
Summilux or 90 AA.  They fit 2 lenses tall, hold
everything from "falling over" and do a really good job of protection from
adjacent items in the bag...  I use a Domke F6 with a 2
divider interior, and the tubes noted fit just wonderfully inside the
segmented divider.  I keep them topped with their cap, so they
are also water proof.

Downside?  Terribly inconvenient to get the lens out of the tube.....
especially the bottom one.  So it works really well as a
travel item, but less well as a shooters item.

What is Crystal Light?  A non-sugar, powdered, (lemonade) drink mix.  The
mix is apportioned into little containers, and they then
put the little containers into a larger stacking container.  The larger
container is the one to use.  There is no powder residue
inside as the powder is contained completely in the small 1 use containers.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] My temporary small bag)