Subject: [Leica] M8 UV/IR Filters from Leica
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu May 10 11:18:00 2007

Hi everyone,

My UV/IR filters from Leica arrived today!  for those with similar needs,
those who have the pre-asph 35 Sumilux lens, i ordered the 49mm (E49) filter
for my Summilux, and i found it fits the filter tray in the 12504 hood just
fine.  it must be put in with the threads out, toward the subject, but it
drops in and the retaining ring screws right down over it with no problems.

An interesting observation, is the color tint of the Leica filters is less
than the heliopan filters and looks practically clear when comparing them
side by side.  I checked the filter for the magenta shift and it seems to
take care of it just the same as the heliopan filters.

For those still waiting, i ordered my filters around the 25th of February.

Gene

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] M8 UV/IR Filters from Leica)