Subject: [Leica] Herman Leonard on NPR
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed May 9 08:32:29 2007

"It was one of those situations where something is happening in front of
you, and you snap the button at the right time."
Herman Leonard

I was listening to All things Considered on NPR, Monday and I heard a  story
that perked my ears right up.  I don't recall meeting him, but we probably
did meet at K&B Camera Center or  Alfredo's.

*All Things
Considered<http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=2>,
*May 7, 2007 ? Photographer Herman Leonard, 84, captured jazz giants like
Billie Holiday and Miles Davis on film as they worked in smoky, cramped,
late-night clubs. But he almost lost his amazing collection to Hurricane
Katrina.

As the storm bore down on New Orleans, Leonard rushed most of his negatives
to a vault at a museum near his home. However, thousands of his prints were
lost to the flood waters.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10057004

his website:

http://www.hermanleonard.com/gallery.html