Subject: [Leica] M8 trials and tribulations?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon May 7 18:07:20 2007

Hi Gene, yes I understand. I think the sensor measures light to compare to
the ttl measurement so the camera calculates the
difference to estimate the aperture for flash exposures. Anyhoo I don't have
one. Usually I resist M8 thread!
On the Nikon I was just mentioning the old optical reading system as an
example that it is possible to obtain an aperture reading
with no mechanical nor electrical connection. That D200 system does look to
be very clever on that modern Nikon.

Cheers
Hoppy