Subject: [Leica] M8 trials and tribulations?
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Mon May 7 02:50:46 2007

Jerry, the little blue dot on the camera is a sensor that is used to measure
the amount of light and can _roughly_ determine the aperture by comparing it
to the meter (which of course receives less light the more the lens is
stopped down. I believe this is used in the RAW processing and is accurate
to approx a stop. Not accurate enough for Leica to put it in the Exif data
it seems.

Steve