Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 problems
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Sun May 6 10:05:49 2007

Does the "Lemon Law" extend to cameras?  ;-)

Montie
(who owns 2 solid as granite MPs)

>I don't really understand why Leica is having problems with the M8's
electronics. Digital cameras have been around for a dozen years, some
with a degree of complexity far exceeding that. of the M8. I've taken
over 4000 photos with my Oly 500 DSLR with never a glitch. My son has
a Canon 10D and claims that it is a paragon of reliability. Leica
could have easily bought the electronics package and software from
one of its sometime partners, say Panasonic or Kodak, merged it with
the Leica mechanicals and had a decent camera from the get go. What's
with Leica?

Larry Z